Those of you who are my regular blog readers (thank you!) know that I’ve committed myself to making progress this year in three areas that have eluded ongoing success in the past. In other words I’ve tried and failed many times. But this year I want to breakthrough in these areas. The areas are 1. exercise 2. eating reasonably to lose a significant number of pounds. 3. Understanding technology.
Best News First
- I’m exercising regularly. Honest to goodness I try to workout six times a week.
- Very, very occasionally I have a time restraint that prohibits my working out at my exercise facility which may lower it to 5 days a week.
- I’m actually enjoying the work outs. !!
- Goals this month: If I miss a work out I want to commit to exercising at home or by walking. Spring is almost here. Outside walks are now possible.
- Some time this month I want to try to add in zumba. This is offered where I work out. I’ve avoided it because I’m just coming off an achilles tendonitis issue. I will start cautiously.
- This is the area in which I feel I’ve made the most progress. I believe I am most apt to have made a permanent change in this area.
- I feel like it is getting easier.
I’ve lost weight this month.
I actually lost more than I thought I might when I made my prediction at the beginning of the month. Yay!
However, all the weight I lost happened in the middle of the month. Many pounds came off at once while hovering in the same spot for a while.
The past two weeks I’ve stalled in one spot.
As I hover I get more and more discouraged. It is hard to keep eating a reduced amount for ten days of seeing no progress. I find myself eating just a tiny bit more thinking, “What the heck! It isn’t coming off anyway.” 😦
I believe I have cut back my food intake enough that my body is trying to hang on to weight. My metabolism may be dropping off which is preventing additional weight loss. I’ve reached this weight before and plateaued.
I am also gaining muscles which I’ve heard weigh more than…uh…fat.
With the turn of the month I feel a new commitment. But after three months on this issue, I admit it is harder to get revved up. Power boost needed.
I want this to be easier. It isn’t.
- There is no doubt about it. I’m making progress.
- But many, many things still elude me.
- Earlier this week while working on this blog, it posted twice prematurely. I still have no idea why?
- I attend webinars on technology issues but often feel like I learn nothing, because I don’t understand what they are saying. At the end of each one I have to fight tears. Therefore I skip webinars that are available to me.
- In school, I always felt like I was ‘smart’ (whatever that means). It is hard to feel ‘dumb’ (whatever that means) about an issue. I want to run from it.
- There’s no doubt I’m making progress. I’m now on facebook. I have half my timeline designed. It will be revealed tomorrow…without a photo. Baby steps.
- I don’t know how to link anything. I can’t insert clips or videos. It is a steep learning curve.
- I’m also writing two blogs which force me to learn new skills.
- The ebook I’m co-authoring will be submitted the end of this week. I still have to learn how to make a page of photos with captions by then. Gulp.
- It is an uphill struggle.
- I somehow believe this area will always be a challenge for me. I want it to be easier. It isn’t.