My loyal followers (bless you) know that I have dedicated this year of 2012 to breakthrough hurdles in three important areas of my life. Those areas are 1. Technology phobia. 2. Exercise 3. Significant weight loss
All of these are areas in which I have had marginal success in the past. However, significant breakthrough success has eluded me. First let me say I can tell that I have hit a nerve when I publish about this struggle. Why? Because on the last day of each month the ‘hits’ on my blog site jump way up whether I have published anything or not. I know all of us struggle with particular issues that seem to beat us over and over again no matter what our initial commitment. I know you are rooting for me.
Some Good News
First let me talk about successes this month
My ebook and the print book version of Caregiving Elderly Parents have both been published and are available on Amazon.com. Hooray!
Testimonials are starting to roll in.
My co-author, Marky Olson, and I are so proud of the way this book will help and encourage others.
This accomplishment required me to continually breakthrough my technology phobia.
I have learned about formatting for ebooks, blogging, rudiments of facebook, using drop box, attending webinars, using Search Engine Optimization, and countless other techie skills.
I’m very close to publishing my second book and ebook for teachers.
Breakdowns in Breakthroughs
I HATE to Admit this Publicly
Oh, how I am struggling in the other two areas of exercise and weight loss. The worst news is that I have actually gained weight this month. Yep. There it is. Right out there. Why did I think this was a good idea to promise monthly updates? Why did I want to make this battle so public when I have failed so many times before? Temporary insanity is all I can figure.
My exercise commitment was also down this month. In the past three months I was exercising a minimum of 20 times per month/5 days per week. This month I only exercised 11 times. Funny how that weight thing and that exercise thing go together. No. I don’t believe it is because exercise causes me to burn that many calories. I think it’s more an issue of when one thing breaks down, I’m just so tempted to throw in the towel on both. I have such an all-or-nothing personality. I have fought that tendency all my life.
Back to Good News
Yep. There is some good news. I’m re-committing myself to my original breakthrough mentality. I refuse to give in!
- Yes! It will be harder.
- Yes, now I have to recover ground I’ve already lost.
- BUT….and this is a big BUT….I know if I don’t do this now, what the outcome will be.
- I also know exactly why I gained weight. It was no mystery. I ate too much and the wrong things.
- I either recommit right now or face long-term failure…again. Unfortunately in the case of weight and exercise…this is a past habit I MUST breakthrough.
- I’m asking you to hang in there with me for one more month. Surely I’d be too embarrassed to admit another breakdown.
- Pray. Cheer. Encourage. Hope. Cross your fingers. Think positive thoughts. Send me an encouraging comment. Please.
- I REFUSE to let this beat me again.
- REFUSE !
- Someday I want to get an author’s photo taken to put on these books I’m writing. (But not yet)